- The new national curriculum will be assessed for the first time in May 2016
- Test outcomes will no longer be reported using levels. Scaled scores will be used instead.
- There will be 1 set of tests for each subject. They will include a small number of questions designed to assess the most able pupils, so separate tests are no longer required.
- An arithmetic test now replaces the mental mathematics test.
- Schools may consider entering pupils for some, or all of the tests, early. Where a pupil does not take all of the tests early, they may take the other tests in future years
- The biennial science sampling tests will take place in June 2016. Tests will be administered in selected schools by external administrators. Participation is statutory for schools selected to take part.
- Schools (except participating independent schools) don’t need to order standard materials as orders will be based on autumn census data.
- 2016 sample test materials are available on www.gov.uk/sta
Key Stage 2 (end of primary school) results 2016
KS2 Reading, Writing and Maths
% expected standard
|KS2 Reading, Writing and Maths % Higher standard||3%||6%||5%|
|KS2 Reading progress overall||-1.30||-1.34||-0.50|
|KS2 Writing progress overall||2.50||2.11||0.60|